Tuesday 7 September 2010

Testing for Mother and Baby awards - Charlie Banana nappy review

Well now that I'm all done and my reviews are submitted, i can confess what i have been doing for the last month. I've been testing reuseable nappies, breastfeeding products and baby feeding products for the M&B awards!!!

I love my cloth, so it was great to get the chance to test some nappies that i wouldn't otherwise have used. My favourite by a mile were the Charlie Bananas. A really versatile one size nappy system that is brand new on the market, they come in a range of very funky colours and the choice of one or two reuseable inserts or a disposable one. Now i was a bit disappointed with two things. Firstly the disposable option. If i wanted to use something which is peed on and thrown in the bin I'd give my money to Pampers or Huggies and basically throw it in the bin. I don't see the need for a reuseable nappy with a disposable insert (paper liners are ok in my opinion, as they are flushable and biodegradable). And the reuseable inserts are microfibre, where i would have preferred a more natural option such as bamboo. But neither of those things takes away from the fact that these nappies are fabulous! The sizing system in a step away from all those "Popper down to make smaller" nappies. Instead it has buttonhole elastic running down the sides, and you do it up on the relevant hole for the size. Its very easy to do, and because its hidden away the asthetics of the nappy are much improved. I will add pics when they are out of the wash :)

I found the fit on my skinny-baby-with-pot-belly-and-chunky-thighs very good, with no leg gape and no cutting in either. She seemed to love them too, posing happily for me to take her picture!

They were very generous with their testing kit too. I received 3 nappies with both inserts, a pack of disposable inserts, a wetbag and some reuseable wipes. The wipes feel supersoft and work great, so i had to give them a mention too :) Whilst they are not "pretty" like the WAHM wipes you can buy they do the job very well.

I have emailed Charlie Banana to tell them how much i love their product, and they have promised to let me know when they go on general sale in the UK and where will stock them, so i will update as soon as i know. Trust me, if you love cute funky cloth, you need some of these :) Plus i hear they do funky boy prints too, very hard to find! 

But until then, i am rather enjoying having the jump on the rest of the cloth nappy UK community ;)

Kelly.x

No comments:

Post a Comment